Re: Google stock helps California coffers

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Saturday 06 January 2007 21:11 \__

> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070106/ap_on_bi_ge/google_tax_infusion
>
> -Ramon

A storm of synapses leads to a rant..

At the same time, amid the demise of newspapers and mainstream media,
Microsoft financially assists many organisations and publishing firms (even
the BBC has 'sold out'). It also helps keeping some forums very vibrant with
conflicting discussions. More recently, I might add, the barrier of forums,
newspaper, TV,  brochures, etc. was broken. Even bloggers (citizen
journalists) cannot be trusted.

Bribing Bloggers

,----[ Quote ]
| This is the most frustrating thing about the practice of giving
| bloggers free stuff: it pisses in the well, reducing the credibility
| of all blogs. I'm upset that people trust me less because of the
| behavior of other bloggers. Don't even get me started about PayPerPost..
|
| [...]
|
| Do not, under any circumstances, consider upgrading an XP system to
| Vista... even if it's fairly new and even if it's Vista Supremo
| Premium Ultra-Capable.

                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
  2:00pm  up 81 days  0:14,  5 users,  load average: 0.73, 0.24, 0.19