Re: [News] A quick tour around Windows Vista

  • Subject: Re: [News] A quick tour around Windows Vista
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 02:56:26 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mark Kent wrote:
> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 06 January 2007 07:37 \__

>>> [snip]

>>> Well after the BBC climbed into bed with Microsoft, it was only a
>>> matter of time before they started the blowjobs.
>>>
>>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35282

>> There's also this one...

> <snip>
>
> I don't think that the BBC could ever be in bed with anyone,
> including MS, their charter does not allow it.  If you think the
> article is flawed or mistaken, then say so - they will fix it.  They
> are not allowed bias.

Come on Mark, that article is *dripping* with bias. With the vast
majority of previews, reviews, opinions and blogs about Vista having
almost nothing positive to say, the BBC comes up with an article that
has absolutely nothing *negative* to say about Vista
whatsoever. That's considerably more than just suspicious, it's
neon-flashing-light obvious.

Even if they don't want to express an opinion ("report the news, don't
make the news"), at the very least they should have cited some of the
criticisms that *others* have about this OS, particularly as many of
those critics are the grassroots Microsoft faithful.

It doesn't even read like it was written *by* them; it reads more like
it was handed *to* them, and told to print it. It's like an advert.

The BBC might have a charter, but pesky charters, laws, and policies
never stopped Microsoft breaking the rules; I doubt it will stop the
BBC from being coerced to break them either.

And yes ... I will tell them.

/me looks up BBC contact addresses.

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

.----
| "We shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support
| any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the
| success of liberty.â - John F. Kennedy
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.18-1.2849.fc6
 02:53:58 up 49 days, 19:15,  3 users,  load average: 1.53, 0.71, 0.41