[News] Internet Explorer Market Share Down to 79.6%

Firefox, Safari Gain on Internet Explorer in '06

,----[ Quote ]
| The downward trend took Internet Explorer to its lowest market
| share percentage for the year at 79.64 percent. Internet
| Explorer's loss turned into gains for Safari and Firefox.
| Safari ended the year at 4.24 percent, and Firefox came
| in at 14 percent.

Enforcing Web standards and discouraging the use of proprietary extensions
such as ActiveX controls.

Related:

Firefox 3.0 to renew assault on Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| An early test version of the new version of the browser, Firefox 3.0,
| was unveiled this week to developers under the codename Gran Paradiso.
| Its release follows a report showing that Firefox accounts for 20 per
| cent of the browser market across Europe and as much as 40 per cent
| in some countries.
`----

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,9075-2503196,00.html

Firefox (on a development branch) passing the Acid2 test

,----[ Quote ]
| This is a build of Firefox on the reflow branch, a development branch
| on which I'm making major changes to the way Gecko does intrinsic
| width computation and incremental layout, showing the Acid2 test
| being passed.
`----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbaron/126886608/

Firefox crosses the 23% frontier in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.xitimonitor.com/en-US/Technicals/index-1-2-3-68.html