Re: [News] DVD Format Wars Could End Owing to Hybrids

begin  oe_protect.scr
[H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> > Hybrid answers to DVD format wars
> >
> > ,----[ Quote ]
> > | The first DVD player to play both rival high definition DVD
> > | formats has been announced by South Korean firm LG.
> > `----
> >
> > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6230925.stm
>
> Wow, that was quick.
>
> How long now before we get a dual-format *recorder*?

Not long, I'm sure.  I don't think anyone can afford to have failing
formats any more, the margins are not there in this kind of business to
support such failures.

"Not only is God dead, but just try to find a plumber on weekends."
--Woody Allen