Re: [News] Microsoft Office -- Only 41 "Critical" Patches Last Year

On Friday 05 January 2007 23:31 Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft's Achilles' Heel: Office
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | To put last year's 41 critical Office patches into perspective,
> | consider that Microsoft shipped a total of 37 critical updates for
> | all of its software products in 2005. None of the patch or
> | vulnerability numbers cited in this story takes into account
> | three still-unpatched vulnerabilities present in Microsoft Word,
> | two of which Microsoft has acknowledged that criminals are
> | actively exploiting.
> `----

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2007/01/microsofts_achilles_heel_offic_1.html#more

What ARE you moaning about, Roy?

We already have it from a reliable source(!) that there have been TWO
vulnerabilities in OO.o, one of those in 2005, and one recently?

We are also informed by another reliable source(!) that Security Is Digital
- on or off - there are no "degrees" of security.

Hence, MS Office is no worse than OO.o. and we have already seen today that
I.E. (284 days at-risk) is no worse than Firefox (9 days at-risk).

Do you never learn?;-)