Re: [News] Novell Takes Another Jab at Red Hat

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 04 January 2007 23:23 \__

> On Thursday 04 January 2007 23:04 amicus_curious wrote:
>
>> I find it amusing that the Linux people are so focused on what Microsoft
>> might be doing rather than on what they themselves need to do to create
>> interest in their wares. They are often asserting that Microsoft is
>> fearful and worried and that Bill Gates or Steve Ballmer is unhappily
>> obsessed with dread that OSS is coming to take them away.
>
> I agree with you, of course.
>
> If Bill Gates and/or Steve Balmer were at all worried by Linux, we'd see
> all
> sorts of signs, wouldn't we?  For example, we might expect to see:-
>
> - Linux being called Communist, Viral, or A Cancer, Un-American or
> whatever...
>
> - Money being spent by MS on studies to prove that Linux was more expensive
>
> - Advertising campaigns along the lines of "Get The Facts" or some such
>
> - A willingness to fly anywhere in the world, and offer discounts of 50% or
> more if people threatened to "go Linux"
>
> We see none of this, of course, so I am compelled to agree with you.
> However.......

And now they are using Novell as yet another sockpuppet (just like SCO) in
order to do their dirty work and cut the air supply of Red Hat (XenSource,
OpenDocument, Samba antitrust in the EU)... they use middlemen to make it
seem as though they do nothing to harm GNU/Linux. It's like hiring an
assassin. The hirer goes to prison, not just the hitman.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
Tasks: 131 total,   1 running, 128 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie