Re: [News] "Microzealots" at Digg.com

__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 04 January 2007 17:52 \__

> flatfish+++ wrote:
>
>> Comp.os.linux.advocacy is a little slow in that area.
>
> Ideally, advocates should be 'digging' more Linux articles including
> posting them there, reading them and scoring them higher.
>
> No offense to Roy, but it would probably help Linux more to post all the
> news articles he posts in Usenet in digg -- which are helpful as a
> jumping off point for discussion, but can really overwhelm the person to
> person nature of a newsgroup.

John,

80% of my comments in Digg (about 50 per day) are bound to UNIX/Linux items.
I used to submit heavily to Digg, but now I do it at Netscape (also
comments). It's faster and the audience is mature. No Garies and Funkies,
either.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Disclaimer: no SCO code used to generate this post
  8:00pm  up 78 days  6:14,  6 users,  load average: 2.33, 1.12, 0.86