Re: Looking-Glass Based Live CD Reviewed

__/ [ Kier ] on Thursday 04 January 2007 09:22 \__

> On Thu, 04 Jan 2007 05:07:43 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> LG3D-Livecd 2.3 Review
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | LG3D is a truly different and unique desktop environment that can
>> | join the ranks of the strange and unusual with Symphony, perhaps
>> | starting a revolution all their own. I'm not sure all those bells
>> | and whistles would come in handy everyday, but some would nice. If
>> | you want to test out something quite distinctive, lg3d might fill
>> | that bill. Although not ready for prime time yet, this proof of
>> | concept is quite impressive and at only 235mb, it's certainly
>> | worth the download for a looksee.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/3171
>
> That's just a bit out of date, Roy. Try this link at Distrowatch for the
> latest version, 2.5:
>
> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=lg3d

Yes, I know, there was a release earlier today:

https://lg3d-livecd.dev.java.net/Web-Site/Welcome.html

I can't find a newer review. *frown* At least we have a video that showcase
it all...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Mod me up and I'll mod you 'insightful'"