Re: [News] "Microzealots" at Digg.com

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:35:45 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> naio21. Have a look at the profile.

Funny that you didn't include a link, something you do at the drop of a
hat.

Here you go.

http://digg.com/users/naio21/profile

Yep, looks like a typical fan-boi to me.

> For months the guy has been systematically modding hundreds of my comments
> because I occasionally criticise Microsoft. Then, all my comments were
> modded down by this user, regardless of the nature of the comments. He also
> personally attacked me, using vile language... many times in fact.

How, precisely, would you know any of this (other than the comments)?  Digg
doesn't say who mods down a post.  And my guess is that your dishonesty in
posting has made you a number of enemies.

What's more, a single person moding you won't do much, it takes a whole lot
of people to effect your overall digg on an article.  You make enemies with
your comments, deal with it.

> All in all, Digg is getting screwed up because there is astroturfing going
> on. This isn't unprecedented.

No, your articles and comments are getting screwed up because you are
almost always dishonest in them and people who know better correct the
system.