Re: Still looking for all the FUD...

__/ [ Tim Smith ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 22:32 \__

> On 2007-01-03, High Plains Thumper <hpt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Larry Qualig wrote:
>>| Source:
>>|
>>| searchwin2000.techtarget.com/ateExpertBio/0,289623,sid1_cid394091,00.html
>>|
>>| 2,800+ stories submitted to Digg, mainly ones favouring Microsoft.
>>| Microsoft may be buying an army of loyalists to intervene with technology
>>| news. There are at least two other people which systematically defend
>>| Micorsoft and apologise for everything.
>>
>> Is this what you are referring to as a lie?
>
> If you look at rodtrent's Digg submissions, you'll see that only a few
> are favouring Microsoft, and there are also many that are unfavorable to
> Microsoft, and the vast majority are so completely unrelated to
> computers that they can't be said to be favorable or unfavorable to
> Microsoft.  Roy completely lied about rodtrent's Digg submissions.

I never looked at his entire submissions 'profile' at all, but I know what I
see when I go through the technology section and subsections. I also
remember what comments I see (and rarely respond to). If a company buys
people's love, it is natural to assume that it'll become a reciprocal
relationship. While Microsoft does not perceive this as inadequate, it sure
tells you how much you can trust the media... and more latterly... bloggers
as well! Even citizen journalists are being bought. What are we left with?
Heasay? Or those Microsoft certified professionals who phone companies and
warn them about the 'hobbyists' software'?

--
                        ~~ Best wishes for the new year!

Roy S. Schestowitz      |   Oracle: Linux adoption to accelerate
         run-level 5  Oct 18 14:45                   last=S