Re: Roy Schestowitz lies again - Tom Hardware Gets Vista Laptop, Reviews It, Bashes It

> __/ [ Tattoo Vampire ] on Wednesday 03 January 2007 16:05 \__
>
>> Larry Qualig wrote:
>>
>>> I read the entire article. Nowhere in the article does the reviewer
>>> "bash" Vista or the laptop. So why are you lying again?
>>
>> The writer does have a few dislikes about the OS:
>>
>> #1:
>> Maybe the dialog should be a bit more cautious. Just because I started a
>> program doesn't mean it's safe to run it.
>>
>> #2:
>> To be honest, I wasn't that impressed with Vista's Aero windowing system.
>> Yes, the 3-D with shadowing stuff is nice and yes the semi-transparent
>> windows are cool, but for me it's no big-deal improvement over XP's
>> windows. We'll see if this judgment holds over the month.
>>
>> #3:
>> If truth be told, my first app install on Vista didn't go entirely
>> smoothly.
>>
>> Not much criticism at all from the writer...
>
> ...Who receive a free laptop owing to his status. Microsoft flip-flopping
> on
> its return policy won't help here. When you send someone a $3000 laptop,
> you
> expect little or no criticism. The review is also biased because of the
> hardware specs. The the equivalent of taking a test drive with Sylvia
> Saint
> giving you a blowjob.

I posted this earlier, but you may have missed it.

<quote>
To listen to the outcry, one might think that this kind of thing doesn't
happen everyday.

Well, it most certainly does. And Microsoft is neither the first nor the
best at the fine art of influencing the influencers. You might be surprised
to learn this, but this fine art sees thousands and thousands of people
employed in its service. It's an industry!

[...]

This practice is not uncommon. Product developers and manufacturers are
often itching to give out freebies to tech influencers because it's smart
marketing. Do you really think Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal goes
to some secret underground Apple Store to buy his hot new iPod to review a
month before it's even announced? Do you think hardware review sites sneak
into processor fabs late at night to gain access to hardware samples that
won't be on retail shelves for months? Do you really think they're sending
all of that stuff back?
</quote>

    - Oliver