[News] Novell/Microsoft Deal Begins to Stink of Financial Secrets

Some Interesting Financial Moves by Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| ...information of a Novell 8-K filing outlining a $350,000 bonus to
| Novell VP and General Counsel Joseph LaSala for his exceptional
| contributions. Now, we know what Ron Hovsepian stood to gain from the
| deal personally.
|
| Hovsepian's Personal Payoff
|
|     He received 778,470 shares of stock awarded 12/20/06.
|
|     From this page you can see he's historically not a big holder.
|
|     778,470 @ $6.20 is $4,826,514. No doubt he was hoping for more
|     presents under his tree. Perhaps there will be more for him after
|     the dust settles. Certainly would have been nice for him if the
|     Street had liked the deal and he got a good bump. Too bad.
`----

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/12/31/some-interesting-financial-moves-by-novell/

Also covered (in part) here:

http://boycottnovell.com/2006/12/25/what-is-circumventing-the-spirit-of-the-gpl-worth/