Re: [News] Iowa Testimony: Microsoft Sabotaged Rival Software

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 19 January 2007 14:54 \__

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/101947/microsoft-used-undocumented-windows-apis-iowa-testimony.html

> This is truly stunning - hundreds of undocumented APIs - this is such a
> perfect example of monopoly abuse that it alone could be used by our
> EU monopolies commissioner.

Yes, the Comes vs. Microsoft case has led to new allegations and brought some
new antitrust 'fuel'. See one of my posts from this morning.

> It's quite amazing that software such as Firefox has managed to be so
> effective in an environment where MS have worked so hard to ensure that
> it can't or won't.  One wonders if the Wine team might be able to make
> improvements in their win32 library if they could find out more about
> these up to 800 hidden APIs.

I said something earlier today which goes along the lines of: a company
managed by criminals could not only aliented customers who could not escape
(data shackles), but it also left many frustrated & talented program who
would do whatever it takes to overthrow the criminals. Meanhile, according
to at least one senior ex-Softie, the hiring standards at Microsoft have
declined. People don't want anything to do with that mafia, sometimes
referred to as a software company.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
Cpu(s):  22.2% user,   3.1% system,   1.0% nice,  73.8% idle