Re: How to Convince Friends to Use Linux

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Aunty Diluvian
<AuntyDiluvian@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:14:42 -0500
<dbv0r210u758h30jvlfdot0tubj4napq2n@xxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 09:00:48 +0100, Peter Köhlmann
> <peter.koehlmann@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Nedd Ludd wrote:
>>
>>> <nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> :
>>> :
>>> : Last night a friend of mine told me he had decided to buy a Mac, after
>>> : being a Windows guy for years and years.  The reason is he doesn't want
>>> : to deal with Vista.  I asked him what he was going to do with his old
>>> : XP machine.  He said he didn't know, it works fine and has some good
>>> : hardware on it.  So we're going to install Ubuntu.
>>> :
>>>
>>> Why didn't he just stick with what he had?
>>> The best advice you could have given is, "if you don't want to install
>>> Vista then don't".
>>>
>>> Some friend you are.
>>
>>XP is out in the cold in a short time
>
> But you Penguins like the cold, don't you?
>
> Burn with Windows or freeze with the alternative.

Or go with Microsoft Windows Vista(tm), where the
temperature is jusssssssssssst riiiiiiiiiight (as
determined by Microsoft's Marketing team; some variations
may occur for individual users.)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because vaporware only goes so far.