Re: [News] Peter Gutmann Interview on "Cusotmer Control Gear" in Windows Vista

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 15 January 2007 20:27 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Peter Gutmann on Vista DRM
>>
>> ,----[ Snippet ]
>> | Leo: So the insane paranoia really comes from Hollywood, not from
>> | Microsoft.
>> |
>> | PETER: It's hard to tell what goes on inside Microsoft. But if you
>> | read the technical specs, I think any technical person that reads
>> | those specs would say this is never going to work, and half of the
>> | stuff is nuts. On the other hand, it could well be high-level
>> | managers inside Microsoft who don't understand the technology and
>> | who completely agree with Hollywood and who think we should do
>> | this even though other people have told me it's impossible, we're
>> | going to do it anyway.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.grc.com/sn/SN-074.htm
>>
>> Transcripts and audio.
>
> It makes for some very depressing listening, unless one considers that
> these insanely draconian measures could ultimately be Microsoft's
> undoing, and possibly even Hollywood's.
>
> As they suggested on the show, there really will be a rebellion.

I really think it's becoming a sort of power struggle between the wealthy and
the exploited, You know, many people out there would happily share their
work for no more than enough to make ends meet (I happen to fit that group).
Meanwhile, other people think that they heroically fight for the American
way as they alter the laws which they perceive as illegitimate. They are
turning "Land of the Free" into "The Land of Nothing for Free". It's sad.
Give us the poor, the homeless, the wounded... so that we can have them
produce Nike shoes and pay us as much tax as necessary/possible so long as
they can eat and shower.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    WARNING: /dev/null running out of space
Cpu(s):  21.9% user,   3.1% system,   1.0% nice,  74.0% idle