Re: [News] Wired: End-Time for the Internet (Due to Windows Problems)

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sat, 13 Jan 2007 00:36:06 +0000
<1278219.XL91gK1IGv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 12 January 2007 22:20 \__
>
>> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

>>> Hmm....I got handed an ultimatum, you forbade, he sold me out? :-)
>>>
>>> "Ultimately, I junked that wacky Ultimate TV". :-)
>>>
>>> (Personally, I've not watched TV for awhile.
>>> There's not all that much to watch, ultimate or otherwise.)
>>
>> <rant>
>>
>> I haven't watched TV since the last episode of Starsky & Hutch in
>> 1979.
>>
>> Ok, but seriously ... I was/am a Buffy/Angel fan, and by "fan" I
>> really mean fanatic, in a rather unhealthy, heroine junkie kind of
>> way.
>>
>> The same crowd dedicated to Angel also tend(ed) to recommend Alias,
>> but after watching a couple of episodes (and nearly falling asleep in
>> my popcorn) I decided it was a bunch of convoluted and boring crap.
>>
>> As many other Telly addicts also comment, modern TV has become a pig's
>> trough of Reality TV, gambling, shopping channels, Reality TV, pr0n,
>> talkshows (of a "community cable" level of quality), Reality TV, a
>> fine selection of Box Office flops, advertising, Reality TV, hours of
>> extremely banal and sanitised daytime television, and Reality TV.
>>
>> Dunno about the US, but over here "Dame Edna" Murdoch seems to assume
>> that only pre-school children watch TV between the hours of 4am and
>> 8pm, after which BSkyB switches into hard-core pr0n mode. So in his
>> opinion, his audience is one of either babies or perverts.
>>
>> Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to feed the baby, then
>> watch "Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders".
>>
>> </rant>
>
> Buffy and Angel? Of all shows?? I really tried to like it as a teenager.
> Believe me, I tried. Apart from 'Buffy' herself, there was nothing I fancied
> in these shows. Ultimately, a couple of years ago I decided to leave TV
> behind. I only watch it ome the gym, which is more than sufficient. It's
> just not interactive. Even YouTube beats it, mainly because of search and
> in-line seek.

And arguably more intelligent content. :-)  It's not every day one gets
to see a spoof show where spiders are driving cars after being dosed
with crack cocaine. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNKZguMYufs

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Murphy was an optimist.