Re: [News] Wired: End-Time for the Internet (Due to Windows Problems)

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Friday 12 January 2007 22:20 \__

> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote on Fri, 12
>> Jan 2007 03:21:32 +0000 <vebj74-s43.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> "I encumbered that wacky 70's show"?
>>> "I bluescreened that wacky 70's show"?
>>>
>>> Or more likely:
>>>
>>> "I was denied access to that wacky 70's show"
>
>> Hmm....I got handed an ultimatum, you forbade, he sold me out? :-)
>>
>> "Ultimately, I junked that wacky Ultimate TV". :-)
>>
>> (Personally, I've not watched TV for awhile.
>> There's not all that much to watch, ultimate or otherwise.)
>
> <rant>
>
> I haven't watched TV since the last episode of Starsky & Hutch in
> 1979.
>
> Ok, but seriously ... I was/am a Buffy/Angel fan, and by "fan" I
> really mean fanatic, in a rather unhealthy, heroine junkie kind of
> way.
>
> The same crowd dedicated to Angel also tend(ed) to recommend Alias,
> but after watching a couple of episodes (and nearly falling asleep in
> my popcorn) I decided it was a bunch of convoluted and boring crap.
>
> As many other Telly addicts also comment, modern TV has become a pig's
> trough of Reality TV, gambling, shopping channels, Reality TV, pr0n,
> talkshows (of a "community cable" level of quality), Reality TV, a
> fine selection of Box Office flops, advertising, Reality TV, hours of
> extremely banal and sanitised daytime television, and Reality TV.
>
> Dunno about the US, but over here "Dame Edna" Murdoch seems to assume
> that only pre-school children watch TV between the hours of 4am and
> 8pm, after which BSkyB switches into hard-core pr0n mode. So in his
> opinion, his audience is one of either babies or perverts.
>
> Anyway, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to feed the baby, then
> watch "Flesh Gordon Meets the Cosmic Cheerleaders".
>
> </rant>

Buffy and Angel? Of all shows?? I really tried to like it as a teenager.
Believe me, I tried. Apart from 'Buffy' herself, there was nothing I fancied
in these shows. Ultimately, a couple of years ago I decided to leave TV
behind. I only watch it ome the gym, which is more than sufficient. It's
just not interactive. Even YouTube beats it, mainly because of search and
in-line seek.

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"