Re: [News] How Windows Puts Non-US Countries at Risk

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Friday 12 January 2007 17:15 \__
>
>> On Friday 12 January 2007 10:12 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Windows Vista: Intercontinental Ballistic Software
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>

> http://www.elharo.com/blog/politics/2007/01/10
windows-vista-intercontinental-ballistic-software/
>>> http://tinyurl.com/ylu8g8
>>
>> Thanks for that one.
>>
>> It's not being paranoid - it's the first lesson in security, "Security of
>> Supply".
>> Non-U.S. countries ignore it at their peril.
>> Note how quick the U.S. was to ban China-manufactured PCs from the
>> Pentagon?
>
> Can you imagine a war involving the United States? America could
> immobilise every computer that is connected on enemy lines.

And its supporters.

It is in national interests of all governments to make sure
micoshaft is compelled to locate the activation servers
in their own respective countries, or else fine the company
millions of dollars until it complies.

Activation software source code should also be deposited
in a national archive so that it cannot be withheld in
the event of a national emergency.