Re: [News] Microsoft Shareholder Wants the Zune Project Scraped

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Phil Da Lick!
<phil_the_lick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:23:51 +0000
<45a61e49$0$8730$ed2619ec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> Microsoft's New Paperweight
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | There's a side of me, as a Microsoft shareholder, that hopes Microsoft
>> | sticks a fork in the Zune right now and admits that it's done. Stop
>> | wasting money on this initiative. You're late to the game, and you
>> | brought out a nice device with some good, new features, but you blew
>> | it on the details. Meanwhile, Apple has jumped another two years
>> | ahead with its latest offering. Admit you're beaten, and let Allard
>> | and Co. concentrate on improving the Xbox 360, fast. You've got
>> | better odds in the race against Sony's PlayStation,
>> | and the rewards for second place in the video game space are a
>> | lot better than those for whatever-ith place in music players.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.fool.com/investing/value/2007/01/10/microsofts-new-paperweight.aspx?source=eptyholnk303100
>> http://tinyurl.com/yam7by
>>
>> Now you know why Motley Fool is indeed pro-Microsoft. They are holding
>> Microsoft's stock, so they share a wallet.
>
> "with a few key features iPod lacked: ... a subscription music model,"
>
> this is where big business fails to understand the consumer. joe public
> doesn't *want* a subscription music model.

No, but I get the feeling others do. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #11823822:
signal(SIGKILL, catchkill);