Re: [News] 'Open XML' Already Gets Proprietary 'Extensions'

__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 11 January 2007 14:25 \__

> On Thursday 11 January 2007 12:56 Linonut wrote:
>

>> I must say, Roy, the stuff you've been posting recently is interesting.
>
> I'd plead that Roy is actually having it easier lately.
>
> No offence to Roy, but I get the impression that there are many more
> "interesting" articles around all of a sudden.  Perhaps the world is
> wakening up?:-)

I'd have agree (yes, a case of shameful admission). I used to have to hunt
that stuff down. Now I'm just being selective because the newsgroup can
otherwise get overloaded. IOW, there's plenty more going on which benefits
Linux... stuff that I don't even post here. I sometimes just post the
remainder in one of my blogs whose content is distinct.

What's sometimes most compelling is repetition of key articles, which is
probably the reason I got started with related posts. I think that certain
articles which will not be permitted publication under Gates-funded media
ought to get more visibility. As for this particular item, Bob Sotur posted
this to Digg. He didn't get much attention (4 votes in 17 hours), but I
thanked him and passed it on to PJ. It's a perfect fit for Groklaw.

When you see cusotmer abuse like this, you simply can't let it pass you by. I
hope that if enough people read these things, taking advantage of the opn
nature of the Web, they will not only make the right decision, but will also
pass on the message to friends, family and maybe their blog readers, if they
have some...

--
                        ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Othello for free: http://othellomaster.com
roy      pts/4                         Tue Jan  9 06:07 - 06:07  (00:00)