Re: [News] Standards Bodies Seek to Standardise Industrial Graphics

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ 7 ] on Wednesday 31 January 2007 21:53 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> W3C and OASIS Jointly Issue New Web Standard for Industrial Graphics
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Application
>> W3C_and_OASIS_Jointly_Issue_New_Web_Standard_for_Industrial_Graphics
>>> http://tinyurl.com/37felk
>>>
>>> This will resolve lockins and inconsistencies.
>>

>> Hope they don't invite micoshaft and others inclined
>> that way who attend standards bodies to subvert it
>> by creating extentions outside of the agreed standards,
>> and then filing patents and other rights, instead of donating
>> it all and adding to the standard.
>
> That exactly what I thought when I read this. They took proactive measures
> here, I think.
>
> New W3C HTML Working Group chaired by Microsoft
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | However, I am very uncomfortable with a Microsoft representative
> | being the chair of what is possibly the most important Working
> | Group of the W3C, and definitely the most visible one.
> |
> | Like Daniel Glazman says in Future of the HTML WG, no employee
> | of any major browser vendor should be allowed to chair this Working
> | Group. In my personal opinion that is especially true for Microsoft,
> | who time and time again has shown a total lack of respect for Web
> | professionals and Web standards, and has no credibility whatsoever
> | among the people who will be using the new HTML specification.

If this continues, the world needs to ignore
US standards bodies until they clean up their act.
Standards bodies with patent hawks as member and agents
that seek to subvert it through extending it outside
of the standards body instead of contributing into the
standard are now too common when it involves the USA.