Re: [News] Standards Bodies Seek to Standardise Industrial Graphics

__/ [ 7 ] on Wednesday 31 January 2007 21:53 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> W3C and OASIS Jointly Issue New Web Standard for Industrial Graphics
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The W3C and OASIS have published WebCGM 2.0, a new industry standard
>> | for technical illustrations in electronic documents. WebCGM, which
>> | is widely deployed in the defense, aviation, architecture, and
>> | transportation industries, has reached new levels of interoperabilityt
>> | hanks to this joint effort between OASIS and W3C.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxelectrons.com/News/Application
> W3C_and_OASIS_Jointly_Issue_New_Web_Standard_for_Industrial_Graphics
>> http://tinyurl.com/37felk
>>
>> This will resolve lockins and inconsistencies.
>

> Hope they don't invite micoshaft and others inclined
> that way who attend standards bodies to subvert it
> by creating extentions outside of the agreed standards,
> and then filing patents and other rights, instead of donating
> it all and adding to the standard.

That exactly what I thought when I read this. They took proactive measures
here, I think.

New W3C HTML Working Group chaired by Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| However, I am very uncomfortable with a Microsoft representative
| being the chair of what is possibly the most important Working
| Group of the W3C, and definitely the most visible one.
|
| Like Daniel Glazman says in Future of the HTML WG, no employee
| of any major browser vendor should be allowed to chair this Working
| Group. In my personal opinion that is especially true for Microsoft,
| who time and time again has shown a total lack of respect for Web
| professionals and Web standards, and has no credibility whatsoever
| among the people who will be using the new HTML specification.
`----

http://www.456bereastreet.com/archive/200701/new_w3c_html_working_group_chaired_by_microsoft/

Commerce Secretary names Schramm to innovation panel

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/061206/1386414.html?.v=2

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
Cpu(s):  23.9% user,   2.8% system,   0.7% nice,  72.6% idle