Re: [News] CNN Poll: 97% Will Not Immediately Buy Vista (and More Bugs Revealed)

  • Subject: Re: [News] CNN Poll: 97% Will Not Immediately Buy Vista (and More Bugs Revealed)
  • From: The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:48:28 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In comp.os.linux.advocacy, B Gruff
<bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:25:52 +0000
<52cc7oF1nbjsuU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wednesday 31 January 2007 18:57 The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:29:32 +0000
>> <58526403.3SYDsG8HW9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Poll: Will you rush out to buy Microsoft's new
>>> Windows Vista operating system?
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>

>> [rest snipped]
>>
>> Don't worry; they'll buy it later.  (They'll have to,
>> because of OEM contracts. :-P )
>
> That's right - except for all those who "got it free, because it came with
> the computer"?:-)

Well, they still bought it in that case; they just don't know it. :-)

Even if they didn't buy Vista with their computer, if I understand
the disputes correctly.  I would have thought Microsoft would have
stopped doing that sort of contract by now, especially after
the DoJ settlement.

But color me suspicious.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux.  Because vaporware only goes so far.