[News] Steve Ballmer Very Afraid of Linux

Understanding Open Source technology

,----[ Quote ]
| Already industrial watchers are pointing to a serious showdown,
| which in the meantime, the Chief Executive of Microsoft Corporation,
| Steve Ballmer did not rule out in a recent interview in which he
| also explained why Microsoft announced a sweeping reorganisation
| of its Windows division.
|
| "We have to outrun this phenomenon" he was quoted as saying, and "
| ...if we let up for a minute... then that other stuff will gain"
| attraction.
`----

http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=01/31/2007&qrTitle=Understanding%20Open%20Source%20technology&qrColumn=ISSUES

They still play whack-a-mole with Open Source, but their FUD and lobbying
capacity has been limited recently. Linux got past the tipping point last
year.

Yesterday:

20,000 Linux desktops and thousands of servers in one fell swoop.

PSA Peugeot Citroen Chooses SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop From Novell

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070130/sftu114.html?.v=76