Re: [News] Amid Move to Web Services, Microsoft Fails to Evolve

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 31 January 2007 16:10 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Microsoft hurt by poor Live branding, analysts say
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Windows Live Search saw its searches drop nearly 10 percent from a
>>| year ago, while Google's rose more than 22 percent, according to
>>| figures released this week from Nielsen/NetRatings. Google has 50.8
>>| percent market share, followed by Yahoo at 23.6 percent and
>>| Microsoft with only 8.4 percent.
>>|
>>| While it's too early to write the obituary for Windows Live,
>>| things aren't looking good in its first year, analysts said.
>>|
>>| "There are concerns that there has been some slippage or
>>| (Microsoft) has moved backwards"
>> `----
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9588_22-6153879.html
>>
>> No more chokehold. The Web opens computing to all platforms. Now we just
>> need to put an end to Microsoft's illegal OEM threats and get Linux
>> preinstalled by the major distributors.
>>
>> Microsoft will try to corrupt and close the Web using Vista, but it's
>> already facing the court for breaking European law. Software giants are
>> likely to have it shamed, as well as strip off various anti-competitive
>> elements of Windows Vista.
>>

> There was a big piece on Bloomberg today regarding Google and their
> continued growth and success.  They remain very popular with analysts
> and brokers, and the general expectation is for significant share-price
> rises, although some brokers think that they might have topped out.
> Both Microsoft and Yahoo were also mentioned, but only to note that
> Google were beating them.

Microsoft is well aware of it, but usually it is unwilling to admit this in
public. In fact, it has resorted to FUD tactics against Google (at
exec-level, no grassroot).

MSN Still Going Nowhere Fast

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/061116/20767_id.html?.v=1

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999