Re: Ha Ha Ha, idiots

__/ [ yttrx ] on Tuesday 30 January 2007 20:49 \__

http://www.informationweek.com/windows/showArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=11GZXD2ZK2YZAQSNDLRSKHSCJUNN2JVN?articleID=197001418

> Yet more proof (add it to the mountain) that Microsoft has merely
> been copying Apple for a fucking decade.

No. More than a decade. There were lawsuits over this as well.

The Apple vs. Microsoft GUI Lawsuit

,----[ Quote ]
| Without warning, Apple filed suit against Microsoft in federal court on
| March 17, 1988 for violating Apple's copyrights on the "visual displays"
| of the Macintosh. (Apple also filed suit against HP for its NewWave
| environment that ran on top of Windows 2.0.)
|
| Apple's suit included 189 contested visual displays that Apple
| believed violated its copyright.
|
| Microsoft countersued, but it failed to stem the bad publicity.
| Windows' development community was terrified that any court ordered
| changes to the software would render their products incompatiblea
| nd make Windows undesirable to consumers. Borland's CEO said itw
| as like "waking up and finding out that your partner might have
| AIDS."
`----

http://lowendmac.com/orchard/06/0825.html

Windows Vista vs. Mac OS X: The Copycat Olympics

,----[ Quote ]
| In Microsoft's defense, though, why wouldn't you want to "borrow" ideas
| from other successful products? Vista, Leopard, and Linux are all
| competing against each other, although in reality, each one is better for
| a different set of users. Apple may go on and on about the similarities
| between Tiger and Vista, but they're there for a reason. When
| innovation fails, then you need to try and learn from the best, and
| that's what Microsoft is doing. However, they're a little late to the
| game, and the competing follow-up usually isn't as good as the original.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2300&Itemid=449

The Redmond Copying Machine?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/12/18/the-redmond-copying-machine/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDNuq94Zg_8

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Black holes are where God is divided by zero"
 10:05pm  up 7 days 22:23,  6 users,  load average: 1.39, 1.61, 1.37