Re: UK less than enthusiastic about Vista launch

__/ [ Gordon ] on Tuesday 30 January 2007 12:10 \__

>> __/ [ Gordon ] on Tuesday 30 January 2007 10:34 \__
>>
>>> "Larry Qualig" <lqualig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> That's because it costs TWICE as much in UK as it does in USA.......
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6309651.stm
>>
>> Have a look at the pricing in Holland. $729, IIRC.
>>

> Ouch! That's going to make everyone want to buy it, isn't it? ;-)

I am not sure how accurate it is, but have a look:

Microsoft recalls all unsold laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft, through its licensing agreement, has forced all
| area-wide retailers to pull non-Vista loaded laptops from
| authorized sellers & now requires Vista equipped systems ast
| he only for-sale option.
`----

http://blowingmylife.blogspot.com/2007/01/microsoft-recalls-all-unsold-laptops.html

Thank goodness for choice.

http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: the most popular, but not most widespread
Cpu(s):  23.5% user,   2.8% system,   0.7% nice,  72.9% idle