Re: [News] Screenshots of Ubuntu Ultimate Edition and Some Stunning Linux Desktops

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Guy Fawkes
<spare_the_rod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Mon, 29 Jan 2007 19:56:32 +0100
<45be36c3$0$1869$88260bb3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> "Roy Schestowitz" <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>> Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 1.1 Screenshots
>>
>> http://shots.linuxquestions.org/?linux_distribution_sm=Ubuntu%20Ultimate%20Edition%201.1
>>
>> Featured Screenshots (Linux)
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | We decide to highlight a screenshot if it's very popular, if it
>> | has a particular interest, or simply if we love it.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.lynucs.org/index.php?p=featured
>
> Wow. Is this for real? Or is it just artwork?

You'll have to be more specific.  Transparent terminals
have been around for awhile, and root-tail is an
interesting terminal that shows nothing but text, and
semitransparent text at that.

Some of these are apparently quite old; KDE 3.2 has been
replaced by KDE 3.4 by now.

The Gnome-Enlightenment combo (green w/yellow Gnomefoot)
is arguably the most interesting from a decorations
standpoint.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
People think that libraries are safe.  They're wrong.  They have ideas.
(Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)