[News] Windows Viruses Interfere with Linux-based Device

TomTom shipped viruses on its navigation devices

,----[ Quote ]
| The TomTom devices run on Linux, while the two viruses are
| Windows-based. Users will be aware that their navigation device
| is infected if, for example, they attempt to back up their
| content by connecting the device to a PC running antivirus
| software.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6154198.html

Same old story. Windows has done similar things before (see refs).

Related:

Small Number of Video iPods Shipped With Windows Virus

,----[ Quote ]
| We recently discovered that a small number - less
| than 1% - of the Video iPods available for purchase
| after September 12, 2006, left our contract manufacturer
| carrying the Windows RavMonE.exe virus. This known
| virus affects only Windows computers...
`----

http://www.apple.com/support/windowsvirus/

Apple blames Windows for iPod virus

,----[ Quote ]
| "As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy
| against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not
| catching it," they wrote.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/061017/1361931.html?.v=1

Spyware infection prompts McDonalds MP3 recall

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/16/mcd_spyware_mp3_recall/