Re: [News] Migration to Mandriva GNU/Linux for Virtually Everything

__/ [ Maverick ] on Monday 29 January 2007 17:57 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> __/ [ Maverick ] on Monday 29 January 2007 04:26 \__

>>>Gee, the pot calling the kettle black.  For shame!
>>

>> Have a look at Rod Trent's profile. Apparently his behaviour was enough to
>> have Digg's staff involved.
>>

> Do you have to create an account for this place?
> If so, I won't bother, but I followed all of timmies links that lead no
> where.

The COLA trolls know about my profiles better than I do. Sometimes they
'educate' me by delivering 'statistics'. It's amusing when I see these (when
non-trolls reply and quote). It's akin to stalking when others know you
better than yourself.

In any event, that Microsoft MVP got defaced (unfaced rather) by the site's
Webmasters/maintainers. Given the /HUGE/ amount of Vista items that flow in
today (like 15 per hour, as opposed to about 3), no doubt there's some fishy
activity going on. Digg managers have openly expressed their concern in the
media because there are not only spammers but also astroturfers on their
site. And the astroturfers know how to stay below the radar, e.g. by
immersing their agenda using a lot of noise and activity. We observe the
same patterns in Netscape. Tons of SEO people (also blackhat), sockpuppets,
and spammers. It's frustrating as it's getting more sophisticated and harder
to detect with confidence. Accounts get 'nuked' (intercepted) all the time.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Holey (sic) Cow! Longhorn is full of holes...
Tasks: 128 total,   1 running, 123 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie