Re: [News] Migration to Mandriva GNU/Linux for Virtually Everything

__/ [ Jim Richardson ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 21:22 \__

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:19:50 +0000,
>  Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Network Gulf helps Unilever embrace open source solutions
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| Based on NGIT recommendation the entire IT infrastructure except for the
>>| ERP was migrated to Mandriva Linux platform. The key components included
>>| desktop workstations, file sharing, mail server, proxy server, firewall,
>>| virtual private network (VPN), antivirus, WAN and backup solutions.
>>| Furthermore, Unilever Iran could use Mandriva Linux for a variety of
>>| applications such as Office productivity, internet, multimedia, gaming,
>>| advanced programming, web server, database server, LDAP server, FTP
>>| server, DNS server, NIS server, file server in a Windows environment,
>>| email internet server, print server, and much more.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.ameinfo.com/108837.html
>>

>> --
>> List of candidate Microsoft astroturfers (directly or indirectly paid by
>> Microsoft to post in this newsgroup):
>>
>>         Larry Qualig (former Microsoft employee)
>>         Scott Nudds (AKA Vistaking)
>>         Erik Funkenbusch (formerly an anti-OS/2 astroturfer)
>>         flatfish+++ (Gary Stewart)
>>         Damian O'Leary (AKA Hadron Quark)
>>         Nedd Ludd
>>         Tim Smith
>>         amicus_curious
>>         OK
>>         DFS
>>         Terry
>>         Ana Thema
>>
>> Take everything posted by the individuals above with grain of salt.
>> Microsoft has already been caught paying forum members to spread lies
>> about rivals, e.g.
>> http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/gizmos/2005/11/2_grassroots_an.html
>> Suggested filter list: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/
>
> If you're going to post the above overly long sig, at least fix the
> sig-dash to the --<space> standard.

Oops. It used to be in tact. Must have been screwed up while editing (added
some text). In any event, I stopped appending it for the time being. If the
/ad hominem/ attacks contrinue, however, it becomes important to show where
they come from.

Sorry about that...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes