Re: totally, totally cool

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:34:26 +0000
<3009835.T4PT1nrCao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> __/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 13:50 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> __/ [ ed ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 13:12 \__
>>>

>>> http://www.mirrordot.org/stories/f592f4a8f9a66105d885ff7a49228380
>> index.html
>>>>

>>> I barely manage to get a response from the domain, but it's there and it
>>> is registered...
>>>
>>> http:/
>>
> domain-search.domaintools.com/?q=goodbye-microsoft.com&sub=Search&filter=y&pool=C&rows=100&bc=25&last=
>>>
>>> Wait until they get a C&D takedown request.
>>
>> I don't think you can because it doesn't seek
>> to 'sell anything' other than what the URL portrays.
>> There were a famous case regarding Ford and a take down request
>> was deemed to be against free speech even though it was
>> anti Ford propaganda because the site didn't claim to be anything else.
>
> Well, FWIW, someone registered slopware.net, which points to Ubuntu's
> official Web site (I haven't checked this yet, but that's what I read).

If someone did, it no longer has an active webserver.
I do have readings for its DNS entries:

elydm.[01-06].am.barefruit.com

For its part www.barefruit.com "provides a comprehensive
solution to error traffic".

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #1123133:
void f(FILE * fptr, char *p) { fgets(p, sizeof(p), fptr); }