Re: totally, totally cool

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 13:55 \__

http://www.mirrordot.org/stories/f592f4a8f9a66105d885ff7a49228380/index.html

http://domain-search.domaintools.com/?q=goodbye-microsoft.com&sub=Search&filter=y&pool=C&rows=100&bc=25&last=

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/blogs/do_we_need_an_ubuntu_installer_for_windows

>> I suppose you've already seen the mockups in the Ubuntu forums/Wiki.
>>
>> Oh, wait.. the site hasn't loaded, but after about a minute I can see
>> just the page title...
>>
>> "say goodbye to Microsoft today..."
>
> its in high demand i guess!
>
> not just from people wanting to switch, but from a practical sense it's
> great too. there was a time when i had only kvm access to a box, i
> couldnt get to it any other way, was behind a very protective firewall.
> so i had to get grub on there. having something automate that would be
> really cool. i had to remotely power it off when i forgot to give the
> initrd option, but that was just an oversight. i could have saved much
> time having something like this.

Have you seen the URL where it was announced? It was posted to the/a Debian
mailing list at 9PM last night. I'm sure the site will be brushed up a
little sooner rather than later...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash