Re: It will take 100 Years for a linux desktop

__/ [ Mike Cox ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 20:48 \__

> Last year the desktop linux market share was at 2%.  Two years ago it
> was at 1%.  If linux increases it's market share by one percentage
> point per year, we should expect Linux to be the dominant desktop OS
> in about 100 years assuming the current growth rate.  Linus Torvalds
> will be 138 years old when that happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth

"In mathematics, eXPonential growth (or geometric growth) occurs when the
growth rate of a function is always proportional to the function's current
size."

*plonk*

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Error, no keyboard - press F1 to continue"
Mem:    514480k total,   483044k used,    31436k free,     4396k buffers