Re: It will take 100 Years for a linux desktop

  • Subject: Re: It will take 100 Years for a linux desktop
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:32:13 +0000
  • Furshlugginer-trolls: amicus_curious, Bill Gates, DFS, flatfish, Snit, Wrong, Quack, Qualig......etc.
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, comp.os.linux.misc
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:30:16 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> __/ [ Mike Cox ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 20:48 \__
>
>> Last year the desktop linux market share was at 2%.  Two years ago it
>> was at 1%.  If linux increases it's market share by one percentage point
>> per year, we should expect Linux to be the dominant desktop OS in about
>> 100 years assuming the current growth rate.  Linus Torvalds will be 138
>> years old when that happens.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exponential_growth
>
> "In mathematics, eXPonential growth (or geometric growth) occurs when the
> growth rate of a function is always proportional to the function's current
> size."
>
> *plonk*

Meh, just more figures the jerk pulled out of his arse. It's already been
proved linux market share is more than that. If it was as low as Cox says,
how come Blammer was getting his panties in a wad & declaring linux as
"The Number One" threat to M$? Not Apple Macs, mind you, but Linux!

--
Just when you think the wintrolls can't get any more stupid,
up pops another one to prove you wrong.