Re: MS pulls New Coke/Classic Coke Gambit

  • Subject: Re: MS pulls New Coke/Classic Coke Gambit
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 19:59:37 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 18:45 \__

> On Jan 28, 11:49 am, Linonut <lino...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In other words, take up more of the shelf space, while pretending to
>> give the consumer some "choice":
>>
>>    http://www.joyoftech.com/joyoftech/joyimages/915.gif

This received so many thousands of votes in Digg. I even included it in one
of my earlier posts.

> But the last frame was CLASSIC!
>
>> --
>>    Windows Vista -- Because you want to use your CPU as a toaster
                                                             ^^^^^^^

Oh, seen a Linux-based toaster Web page this afternoon. It's not just *BSD!
*smile*

Choice is great. As long as the spendings wind up in Steve Ballmer's bank
account, one way or another. And as long as the sales stats (so-called
'market share') deceives Web designers, programmers, businesses, and
investors. It's about changing people's perception. Linux is nowhere,
unless/until you look a little deeper...

http://www.schestowitz.com/temp/sites/feb1-24.jpg

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
Tasks: 129 total,   1 running, 124 sleeping,   0 stopped,   4 zombie