Re: totally, totally cool

__/ [ ed ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 15:21 \__

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:34:26 +0000
>
>> __/ [ 7 ] on Sunday 28 January 2007 13:50 \__

>> > index.html

domain-search.domaintools.com/?q=goodbye-microsoft.com&sub=Search&filter=y&pool=C&rows=100&bc=25&last=

>> > I don't think you can because it doesn't seek
>> > to 'sell anything' other than what the URL portrays.
>> > There were a famous case regarding Ford and a take down request
>> > was deemed to be against free speech even though it was
>> > anti Ford propaganda because the site didn't claim to be anything
>> > else.
>>
>> Well, FWIW, someone registered slopware.net, which points to Ubuntu's
>> official Web site (I haven't checked this yet, but that's what I
>> read).
>
> not on whois... so i guess someone could buy it and 302 redirect to
> somewhere...

Oops. I think it's "crapware", having come across another reference ("Swedish
Windows fanboy", I'm told). As I said elsewhere, it's merely a case of
preteens buying a domain with hosting for a buck. Nothing interesting to see
here...

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Othello: http://othellomaster.com
         run-level 5  Jan 23 00:41                   last=S