Re: [News] Review of "The Firefox of Media Players" for Linux (Songbird)

__/ [ John A. Bailo ] on Saturday 27 January 2007 03:47 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Songbird: Next generation media player?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Songbird is a desktop media player, a digital jukebox and Web
>> | browser mash-up. Like Winamp, it supports extensions; like
>> | Firefox, it is built from Mozilla, cross-platform and open source.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.youtux.org/content/view/467/2/
>
> I dunno...i tried Songbird today and kinda liked it.  But, I still like
> Amarok...all I need are a few good playlists to tune into...like Soma-FM's
> Indie Rocks.
>
> I like the media player to be really minimal...kind of like the original
> RealPlayer.   Big screen, webby, graphic media players turn me off!

I was using AmaroK for a while, but went back to XMMS. Sometimes, less is
more.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "The only source is Open Source"
roy      pts/4                         Fri Jan 26 04:29 - 04:54  (00:24)