Re: Bringing Linux to the Children

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:38:13 +0000
<3994997.ZK9iBiW0K5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> __/ [ The Ghost In The Machine ] on Friday 26 January 2007 19:32 \__
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Nedd Ludd
>> <NeddLudd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:55:53 -0500
>> <S4GdnX_JAtZC0yfYnZ2dnUVZ_qWvnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>>
>>> <schestowitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>: Have you try Linux?
>>>:
>>>
>>> Have you learn English?
>>>

>> Have either of you any sort of point?
>>
>> Followups.
>
> The original poster is an imposter and has no connection with me. Please
> report schestowitz@xxxxxxxxxxxx for abuse/identity theft to the mail host,
> which has thus far been unresponsive.

I'm quite aware that it's not you, actually. :-)  One might
also try corresponding with postmaster [at] prontomail.com
or some such, as that's what the MX lookups are returning
for me when I throw wildmail.com at it.

Just to make things even weirder, www.wildmail.com resolves
to www.care2.com ; www.prontomail.com at least resolves
itself into its own login screen.  I'm not sure what the
T&C of this emailer is; the FAQ is primarily technical
issues such as "how to delete an email" and "how many
emails can I have?".

And then there's the real possibility that he's simply
faking it all anyway; I'd have to trace the Path: headers,
which are easy to find as the message ID is very
conveniently included above.

On my system, these show up as

which is a little peculiar as I was under the
impression that Google was an American company; why
is it going through Russia?  213.24.141.54 resolves to
newsfeed-rt.gamma.ru ; I'm not sure if the mismatch is
because of a temporary DNS failure or what in this case.

There is also this header (WTF is this??):

and 212.166.64.6 points to netcache1-mad.tiscali.es .

I can't be entirely sure since I'm not all that versed in
things, but this could be Yet Another Open Proxy(tm).

It certainly looks...peculiar.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
  - allegedly said by Bill Gates, 1981, but somebody had to make this up!