Re: [News] ComputerWorld: Don't Buy Windows Vista!

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 26 Jan 2007 17:36:41 +0000
<1219735.8Rnf01A0bp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Wait! Don't buy Windows Vista!
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | 1. Vista is incomplete
> | 2. Vista is expensive
> | 3. Vista wants a new PC
> | 4. Vista is time-consuming
> | 5. Windows XP isn't obsolete
> | 6. Vista may be the best reason yet to buy a Mac
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9009124&source=rss_topic123

What?  Someone doesn't believe that Vista is the best
thing to happen to computers since Windows 95?

*smirk*

Of course, all software is incomplete (otherwise, it
would basically ossify).  But a release should at least
do the basics -- and Vista seems to have some minor, erm,
deficiencies in that area.

As for the Mac -- I'd have to do some research between
which of the following is the most effective from a
cost/performance standpoint:

   [1] A prebuilt Linux machine, such as one of the Dell
   alternative OS offerings.

   [2] A Linux machine built more or less from scratch,
   being "seeded" from another, already running Linux
   machine (since most of us here probably have more than
   one 'puter, that's not difficult; certainly I've got
   a few)

   [3] A Mac OSX-based affair.

but Apple does make nice machines. :-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx