Re: [News] Microsoft Disinformation About Open Source, GPL, Copyleft...

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Alexander Terekhov ] on Friday 26 January 2007 14:47 \__
>
>> BTW...
>>
>> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>>>
>>> Mark Kent wrote:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> Don't really know about employment contracts, but apart from
>>> contributing to just few GPL'd projects for strategic reasons, it is
>>> no secret that IBM treats [L]GPL'd code like a kind of toxic waste, so
>>> to speak. The general rule is "seek for alternative". The preferred
>>> license for IBM's own open source is the CPL (EPL/IPL).
>

> I have been assuming for a while that you're in the field of law...

If he is, he's not very good.  He remains confused, apparently, about
the difference between copyright, patent and trademark.

Now I can finally explain to everyone why I do this.  I just got $7 worth
of free stuff for working on Debian !