Re: [News] Microsoft Disinformation About Open Source, GPL, Copyleft...

__/ [ Alexander Terekhov ] on Friday 26 January 2007 14:47 \__

> BTW...
>
> Alexander Terekhov wrote:
>>
>> Mark Kent wrote:
>> [...]
>> > The FUD about employment contracts is superb.  Of course, if you look at
>> > the likes of IBM, Sun and I'm sure anyone else you care to investigate,
>> > they have thought about this very hard, and have adjusted their
>> > employment contracts to take account of this.
>>
>> Don't really know about employment contracts, but apart from
>> contributing to just few GPL'd projects for strategic reasons, it is
>> no secret that IBM treats [L]GPL'd code like a kind of toxic waste, so
>> to speak. The general rule is "seek for alternative". The preferred
>> license for IBM's own open source is the CPL (EPL/IPL).

I have been assuming for a while that you're in the field of law...

> http://www.microsoft-watch.com/article2/0,1995,1561861,00.asp
> http://www.devsource.ziffdavis.com/print_article/0,2043,a=127636,00.asp
>
> Microsoft also does CPL.

Doesn't that make them hypocrites whose actions are treason ("unamerican")?
It's wave-riding, as well as an attempt to confuse through assimilation.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "I blame God for making me an atheist"
Tasks: 130 total,   1 running, 127 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie