Re: [News] Microsoft Disinformation About Open Source, GPL, Copyleft...

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 26 January 2007 12:51 \__

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/foi/images/3/3f/OSS_Issues_in_Acquisitions_and_Inbound_Transactions_01-05-07.pdf

> The FUD about employment contracts is superb.  Of course, if you look at
> the likes of IBM, Sun and I'm sure anyone else you care to investigate,
> they have thought about this very hard, and have adjusted their
> employment contracts to take account of this.
>
> FUD remains effective, though, and is certainly Microsoft's best weapon.
> Along with the comfy chair...

I have seen something similar elsehwere. sys-con, IIRC. They try to portray
Open Source supporters as a great risk. It's still going along the lines of
"cancer", "communism", and "unamerican". Steretyping is powerful. It makes
bigots.

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
roy      pts/4                         Fri Jan 26 04:29 - 04:54  (00:24)