Re: [News] Fox News: Vista Could Lead to Linux Takeover

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Friday 26 January 2007 12:33 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
> Handover Phist <jason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2007-01-25, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Windows Vista's 'Mac'-Ness Might Open Door for Linux Takeover
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,246401,00.html
>>
>> I've been saying this for weeks. Now Fox news is saying it? Maybe I was
>> wrong... ;)
>>

> If you read the article carefully, there are a series of swipes at
> linux, and something at apple, too:
>
> 1) too many distros
> 2) too left-brain or right brain or something like that
> 3) office packages not good enough
> 4) hp, ibm & intel have their own agenda
> 5) too many distros
> 6) mac not popular, nothing to do with price
> 7) list of apps which must be native, otherwise the sky will fall in
>
> ...and so on.
>
> It's a very mass-market, very biassed article, designed to annoy pretty
> much everyone.

Yes, because it's Dvorak. His trolling his deliberate and he even takes pride
in it [1]. At first he said this to Dave Winer discreetly, but recently he
opened up about it. I removed his name from the headline for that reason.

[1] Video: http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=8848

--
                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Useless fact: A dragonfly only lives for one day
roy      pts/4                         Fri Jan 26 04:29 - 04:54  (00:24)