Re: [News] Microsoft Disinformation About Open Source, GPL, Copyleft...

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

[... MS and CPL ...]

> > Microsoft also does CPL.
>
> Doesn't that make them hypocrites whose actions are treason ("unamerican")?
                                                                ^^^^^^^^^^

?!?!?!?!?!

(quoting the CPL)

"This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of New York and the
intellectual property laws of the United States of America. No party to
this Agreement will bring a legal action under this Agreement more than
one year after the cause of action arose. Each party waives its rights
to a jury trial in any resulting litigation."

(quoting <http://gplv3.fsf.org/denationalization-dd2.html>)

"Rejection of Choice of Law Clauses

[...]

Our revised version of section 7 makes explicit our view that the
inclusion of a choice of law clause by a licensee is the imposition of
an additional requirement in violation of the GPL. "

He he.

regards,
alexander.

--
"Either the second or third discussion draft will be designated the
``last call'' draft. This draft will begin a final period of public

                                                   -- gplv3.fsf.org