Re: BBC: Linux vs. Mac OS X vs. Windows Vista ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Friday 26 January 2007 17:52 \__

> "As part of our launch coverage we are looking for a committed Vista
> user - you are probably someone who has been trialling Vista in beta or
> using it for your business - as well as a passionate Mac OS X user and
> a devotee of Linux,"
>
> http://macdailynews.com/index.php/weblog/comments/12439/

It's a 'balanced' mishmash of opinions, which I ust thought wasn't worth
citing. It's like attempting to present both the opinions of global warming
deniers and realists. Or give a spot for Al Qaeda to explain its stance.

Global warning is no 'political' or subjective issue. It's pure science --
physics, geology, maths...

Returning to the subject of operating systems, there's a lot of stuff one can
gauge. But the most important factor to consider is that people are
different. There's no one solution that's best for everyone. That where the
flexibility (freedom) of GNU/Linux kicks in. Linux is refined to be best
/for you/. It makes neither compromised nor decisions 'on your behalf'. as
packages are being /shared/ (with collaboration between forks and branches),
there's no such thing as 'framgmentation' or "too many distros".