Re: [News] Legal Battle Against Microsoft Lockins Gets Holland's Support

begin  oe_protect.scr
> __/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Friday 26 January 2007 01:13 \__
>
>> Dutch consumer chief puts Apple through the mill
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The Netherlands has joined Scandinavian led action
>> | against Apple's digital rights management lock on
>> | its iPod device and iTunes software.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/25/dutch_out_of_tune_with_apple/
>
> Update: Microsoft DRM (Zune and beyond) is being sort of banned (assuming
> present form) as well, according to this:
>
> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070125/netherlands_apple_itunes.html?.v=2
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Van Kouwen said the Consumentenbond would also oppose Microsoft Corp.'s
>| use of DRM software on music for its new Zune player "or Sony or any
>| company that does so."
> `----

Whilst the UK, USA and Australia might bend over for Hollywood, I'm not
sure that the rest of the EU will.

Now I can finally explain to everyone why I do this.  I just got $7 worth
of free stuff for working on Debian !