Re: [News] Legal Battle Against Microsoft Lockins Gets Holland's Support

__/ [ Roy Schestowitz ] on Friday 26 January 2007 01:13 \__

> Dutch consumer chief puts Apple through the mill
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The Netherlands has joined Scandinavian led action
> | against Apple's digital rights management lock on
> | its iPod device and iTunes software.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/25/dutch_out_of_tune_with_apple/

Update: Microsoft DRM (Zune and beyond) is being sort of banned (assuming
present form) as well, according to this:

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070125/netherlands_apple_itunes.html?.v=2

,----[ Quote ]
| Van Kouwen said the Consumentenbond would also oppose Microsoft Corp.'s
| use of DRM software on music for its new Zune player "or Sony or any
| company that does so."

                        ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz     | D-I-S-C-O becomes D-I-E S-C-O
Mem:    514480k total,   479980k used,    34500k free,     7848k buffers