Re: [News] List of Vista Annoyances; Criticism of DRM by the FSF on Vista's Launch Day

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:50:39 +0000
<1501839.Ch03y64t95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Top 8 Vista Annoyances
>
> ,----[ Gist ]
> | #8 - Are you sure?
> | #7 - General slowness
> | #6 - Where did Vista put this?
> | #5 - DRM...
> | #4 - Lack of ease
> | #3 - Activation fun
> | #2 - Hard To Customize Boot Loader
> | #1 - Bugs still abound
> `----
>
> http://techgage.com/article/top_8_vista_annoyances/2
>
> Wow, Bill, this thing is Defective!

Maybe not.  Maybe that's exactly what Microsoft *wants*
it to do.  It will ask us "Are you sure?" and then we
start questioning as to whether we really wanted to fight
Bill Gates' (or is it Steve Ballmer's?) infinite wisdom,
by instructing the computer (as opposed to it dictating
to us), and to just relax and let the music, video, or
software play...

Of course, one might equally well ask the same during installation:

   *Install Windows Vista*

   [Are you sure?]   NO!

:-)

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);