[News] The Time of Linux Has Already Come

2007, the Year of the Penguin

,----[ Quote ]
| In conclusion, I think the time has come. The market needs to come
| together as a whole and start leaning towards POSIX style programming.
| I want to be able to use a program I buy in any operating system. I
| don't think anyone should be forced to own a specific operating
| system because their software company was cheap and only made it
| compatible in one environment. Linux is just as easy to use, if not
| easier to use than Windows. If we have some Apple fans out there
| reading this, don?t get upset. To me, the Apple desktop is basically
| a proprietary Linux desktop, which is fine by me. The intuitive
| nature of the Open Source desktop (as well as OS X) is a beautiful
| thing, and I want to embrace it.
`----

http://chrisllorca.com/articles/2007_the_year_of_the_penguin

Some would argue that 2006 was the year of the desktop and I happen to agree
with that. It had been unstoppable from mid-2006 onwards.

Linux in 2006: June is Busting Out All Over

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3650901